Last Modified: January 6, 2014
We are committed to ensuring that you feel comfortable using this website and sharing information with us. The information that you choose to share with us allows us to serve you better, and to improve your website experience. We understand that your privacy is important to you, and we are committed to protecting all user information. This policy will explain how we gather user information, how we use that information, and with whom we may share user information.
WHO WE ARE
- Ray Catena Motor Car Corporation d/b/a Ray Catena of Edison
- R&S Jaguar LP d/b/a Ray Catena Jaguar of Edison/ Land Rover Edison
- Ray Catena Imports Inc. d/b/a Ray Catena Porsche
- Ray Catena Infiniti Inc. d/b/a Ray Catena Infiniti of Edison
- Ray Catena of Bridgewater LLC d/b/a Ray Catena Infiniti of Bridgewater
- Ray Catena of Monmouth Corporation d/b/a Ray Catena Lexus of Monmouth
- Ray Catena of Monmouth Corporation d/b/a Ray Catena Lexus of Freehold
- R&S Jaguar LP d/b/a Ray Catena Jaguar of Monmouth
- Ray Catena M/C of Monmouth County LLC d/b/a MINI of Monmouth
- Ray Catena of Oakhurst LLC d/b/a Ray Catena Maserati
- Ray Catena Motors of Freehold LLC d/b/a Audi Freehold
- Ray Catena of Union LLC d/b/a Ray Catena of Union
- Ray Catena Corp. d/b/a Ray Catena Lexus and Ray Catena Gem Lexus of Westchester
- Ray Catena of Westchester LLC d/b/a Ray Catena BMW of Westchester
- Ray Catena of Westchester LLC d/b/a Ray Catena MINI of Westchester
- Ray Catena Corp. LLC d/b/a Ray Catena Lexus of White Plains
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect two types of information through your use of this Website, personal information, and aggregate non-personal data. Personal information is any type of information that can be used to identify, contact, or locate an individual user, such as your name, email address, social security number, etc. Aggregate non-personal data is statistical or other analytical information that is not associated with a specific individual, such as what pages users view on our Website, how long they visit, etc.
You can visit and enjoy our Website without disclosing any personal information about yourself. However, we offer some special products and services, and for these services to work properly you will need to share with us certain personal information about yourself (see “Voluntarily Provided Information”).
We collect information in two ways:
- Information you voluntarily share with us. For example, when you fill out an application for financing, we will ask that you share some personal information, such as your name, telephone number, financial information, or driving information. Please see the “Voluntarily Provided Information” section for more information on what personal information we may ask you to share with us.
- Information that is automatically collected by your use of this Website. Please see the “Automatically Collected Information” section for more information on what information we may collect by your use of this Website.
VOLUNTARILY PROVIDED INFORMATION
In order to optimize your use of this Website and our available services, we may ask that you share certain personal information about yourself when you use the website to:
- Register on the Website
- Place an order
- Fill out a form
- Respond to a survey
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Schedule a Service
- Enter a contest
- Access Service Records
The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to: Your full name, gender, birth date, social security number, email address, phone number, credit card and other financial information or history, and insurance policy information. We may also ask that you share information related to your vehicle or driving habits such as your vehicle history, type and/or value, as well as your location and driving related financial information such as previous loans, leases, etc. Please see the “Apply for Financing” page for a full list of the information we may ask you to share with us when you submit an application for financing on this Website.
REFER A FRIEND
Our website allows you to share with us the name and email address of a friend whom you think may be interested in our products or services. This information will be stored, protected and used in the same manner as all other voluntarily provided information submitted on this website.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION
We use automated methods of collecting information, alone or in combination with the voluntarily provided information you may share with us to improve our Website, to understand Website usage and trends, and to enhance and deliver certain services of this Website.
Methods of Collecting Information: We use the following methods of automatically collecting information when you use this Website: site and third party cookies, GIF images (“web beacons”), Facebook Social Plugin, application data caches, and browser web storage (including HTM\][L 5).
Information Collected: In addition to information you may voluntarily share with us, we may also collect the other types of information when you use this website such as: your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, mobile network information, search queries, IP address, system activity, hardware settings, domain name, browser type, browser language, date and time of a request, and your referral URL. Additionally we may collect information regarding the time you spent on a specific page on the Website, the pages you viewed, the first and last pages you visited on the Website and any search words you may have used on the Website.
- Cookie: a small amount of data, which is sent to your browser from a website’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- GIF image (“web beacon,” or “clear GIFs”): a single pixel image, usually placed in an email or on a website that allows the email sender or the website owner to determine information such as a user’s IP address, the time the material was viewed, browser type and cookies set by the server.
- IP address (also known as an Internet Protocol address): a unique number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet. Among other purposes, your IP address may be used to determine from what country you have connected to the Internet, as the numbers are sometimes assigned in country-based blocks.
- Unique Device Identifier: a string of numbers that is assigned by your computer or device manufacturer to identify a specific and unique device.
- Brower Web Storage: a larger amount of information, but otherwise similar to a cookie, which is stored locally within the user’s browser.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Any information you voluntarily provide to us is protected using industry-standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions. Our data security measures are tested monthly to ensure the highest protection of your personal information. In addition, we employ security measures with all of our Corporation’s personnel to ensure that your personal information is protected companywide.
HOW WE WILL COMMUNICATE WITH YOU
If you choose to share your personal information with us, we may contact you with information and updates pertaining to a transaction or order, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions, as well as to inform you with company news, updates, and other related information.
We occasionally share some of the information that you share with us, or that we collect automatically from your use of this Website, with our Affiliates to optimize our products and services. These Affiliates include vehicle manufacturers, Google and various ad networks. Please see the “How we use your information” section for specific information on how and with whom different types of information are shared.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use the information you voluntarily share with us, or that we collect from your use on this Website, including personal and non-personal aggregate information, to improve customer service, to personalize your experience, to improve the Website, to process transactions, or to run a site feature such as a promotion or contest.
If you share information with us in relation to a specific transaction, we will not sell, exchange, transfer or give that information to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchases, product, or service requested. For example, in order to process transactions and/or perform a function or service you have requested we may share your information with a third party for a credit pre-approval, to determine vehicle trade values and in relation to lease or loan payoff amounts.
We may share aggregate, non-personal data with advertising networks in order for digital advertising purposes. Further, we may share non-personal information with a web analytic service in order to compile user data. However, we do not share, store or compile any aggregate, non-personal data with any personally identifiable information.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was collected and to comply with applicable law. Your consent to such purposes(s) remains valid after any termination of our relationship with you.
We may use third party services to help us perform certain services or functions, such as to collect ratings and reviews, as well as to email you with certain information relating to the information you shared with us. For example, we may use a third party service to send out emails with information you’ve requested about our company, information regarding our products and services, or to provide you with special notices. You may opt out of receiving future emails at any time (see “How to unsubscribe” section below). We do not share additional information with third parties beyond what is necessary to collect reviews or ratings and we do not allow the third party services to use your personal information for any other purpose or function.
COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
We may disclose specific personal information and/or aggregate non-personal data based upon a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with or conform to the law or when that disclosure is necessary to protect the users of our Website, the site itself, or the public.
The information on this Website is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for any particular purpose, or non-infringement of third party rights. While the information provided is believed in good faith to be accurate, it may include errors or inaccuracies, or become outdated at any time as Website technology evolves. In no event shall Ray Catena Motor Car Corporation be liable to any person for any special, indirect or consequential damages relating to this material, unless caused by gross negligence or intentional misconduct. Ray Catena Motor Car Corporation is not responsible for the contents of websites that are maintained by third parties and therefore disclaims its liability for any links from this website to other websites.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
If you have shared your personal contact information with us, but would no longer like to be contacted by email, unsubscribe instructions are included at the bottom of the emails we send you.
ACCESSING THE WEB SITES FROM OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES
If you are visiting our Website from a location outside of the U.S., your connection will be through and to servers located in the U.S. Any information you provide during your visit will be processed and maintained on our Web server and other internal systems located within the U.S.
THIRD PARTIES AND EXTERNAL LINKS
CONTACT US; PRIVACY ADMINISTRATOR
Ray Catena Motor Car Corporation
920 Route 1 North
Edison, NJ 08817
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGE
Last Modified: January 6, 2014