The 2018 Porsche Macan
Porsche Macan: The Best Driving Experience in Its Class
Since its debut, circa 2015, the Macan has attracted SUV shoppers by delivering a heart racing driving experience. Behind the wheel of the Macan you can expect sports-car like Porsche performance, expert handling and more capability than you’ll ever need. So, if you are shopping for a luxury SUV in the New Jersey area the team at Ray Catena invites you to experience the 2018 Porsche Macan in person. Keep reading to learn more about the new Macan.
The base Macan sports a 252 hp 2.0-litre turbocharged in-line engine and is controlled by a 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with Auto Start Stop function. With five trims available horsepower runs all the way to 440 hp, giving the Macan model lineup a healthy dose of performance. All 15.3 ft develops from 0 to 60 mph in just 6.3 seconds – not bad for a Sports Utility Vehicle. Additionally, the all-wheel drive vehicle pushes the needle on fuel economy with 20 mpg (city) and 25 mpg (highway).
Whether you are planning an off-roading trip to New Jersey’s Wharton State Forest or just running errands around town the 2018 Macan seamlessly combines performance and practicality in every drive. Equipped with the Porsche Traction Management (PTM) active all-wheel drive system delivers the perfect amount of torque at all times, from 273 lb.-ft. up to 406 lb.-ft.
Additional fittings include versatile 18-inch Macan wheels (up to 20-inch), adding to its capability and safety factors. The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) provides you with the tools the check individual tire pressure through the Macan’s multi-purpose display, along with warnings if the tire pressure drops at all.
An impressive roster of safety features abounds the Macan including motorsport worthy ceramic composite breaks, the Porsche Stability Management (PSM) System and the Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS).
Notable Standard features include:
- Bi-Xenon headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) with static and dynamic cornering light, dynamic headlight leveling, headlight cleaning system, and integrated 4-point LED daytime running lights
- Power Steering Plus
- 7-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) with Auto Start Stop function
- 18-inch Macan wheels
- Four-piston aluminium monobloc fixed calipers at front, single-piston floating calipers at rear
- Porsche Traction Management (PTM) active all-wheel drive
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
- SPORT button